Working in a chiropractic office that has plenty of energy and enthusiastic employees who enjoy coming to work each day is the ideal situation, but keeping the atmosphere pleasant and your staff motivated can be a difficult task. In any size chiropractic office there are the inevitable ups and downs of day-to-day operations, but if you treat your employees with respect and give them incentives for their performance, your staff will not only look forward to their work each day, they’ll be with you years from now as well. Here are some quick, easy to implement motivational tools that you can customize for your chiropractic office:
- Acknowledge individual and team contributions regularly. Whether you post something on the bulletin board, print a few sentences in the office newsletter or hang a picture of the Employee of the Month, you’ll see results in the way your staff invests in your practice.After all, everyone appreciates a bit of recognition for their hard work. Consider tying the title to a perk such as a longer lunch hour or the best parking space to make it even more enjoyable.
- Offer your staff periodic, free chiropractic adjustments so that they are comfortable and healthy. As a bonus, they will be able to vouch for the amazing difference chiropractic treatments can have on the health and well-being of an individual.
- Offer perks such as time-sharing or flexible scheduling to accommodate individual schedules and commitments. Flextime at work is one of the most sought after benefits for today’s busy families.
- Create a fun and rewarding incentive program that won’t be a burden. Requiring your staff to meet a quota every month isn’t inspiring, but receiving a gift card for dinner out or a paid day off when they bring in five new patients can inspire your staff to put a little extra into every day in the office.
- Provide them with tools that will make them more efficient while taking some of the burden of paperwork off of their shoulders with automated appointment reminders, online intake forms, and other hands-free processes.
- Offer to pay for part or all of the fees for additional training that individuals can put to good use in your chiropractic office. Helping them get a leg up the ladder is a great way to ensure employee loyalty that also helps your office become the best that it can be.
To learn how ChiroTouch can boost morale by getting rid of paperwork headaches, visit our website for a free ChiroTouch software demo.
Image credit: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/photo_12557898_employee-of-the-month-trophy.html'>koya79 / 123RF Stock Photo</a>